Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Now and then

When Tara was born my mom brought me a number of items that were crocheted for me by my Vovó, my great-grandmother. She also brought a few pictures of me taken shortly after I was born. In one of the pictures I am wearing some of the hand made pieces.  I had intended to take a picture of Tara wearing the same outfit at approximately the same age, but time flies. So here you have a comparison of me, approximately one month old, and Tara at 4 months. Obviously a few months make a huge difference!


I love the idea of handing these items down to Tara, maybe to her own children some day. I love the way that they connect our past with our present, previous generations with the current. While I don't remember my great-grandmother well, I've been told that I look like her and that she was a prolific crocheter. I also crochet, so it's nice knowing I have something in common with my past and perhaps something to pass on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment