Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's pumpkin time!

Fall is probably my favorite time of year. I prefer the summer weather, but I love the fall activities! Every month has something fun to look forward to. Labor day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas! Ok, I know Christmas is technically winter, but it's like fall is a red carpet leading right up to it! Plus warm sweaters, cozy hats, falling leaves, hot apple cider...love, love, love.

While we do not live on a street that get's any trick-or-treat action (sad!), I still carve pumpkins every year. We did carve one with Tara last year, but being only 4 months old she didn't really have an opinion on the activity.


This year we took Tara to a local pumpkin patch so that she could pick out her own pumpkin. Since I personally don't remember visiting a pumpkin patch when I was a kid, it's safe to say that I was more excited that she was. Getting the right pumpkin is important! 

The patch we visited was perfect. Fields of pumpkins, with multiple varieties to pick from, crafts and kids activities, a play area for the little ones, hay rides, and farm animals to feed. Tara toddled all over the fields and had a blast in the play area. It was crawling with big kids, who are currently her favorite people in the world. Pretty much the only thing she didn't like was the big goat. He scared her with his ear piercing bleat.
















At the end of the day we went home with two perfect pumpkins. Tara will be painting hers, while I'll be carving away. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment