Monday, March 11, 2013

A little adult time

This past Saturday I slipped out of the house *alone*. Gasp! I had been invited to a baby shower to celebrate the impending arrival of Maggie and Sam's sweet baby boy. Since the shower was being held in West Seattle, a ferry ride away, we decided that I'd get a day out and Jeff would get some daddy/daughter time with Tara.

I wore a dress and nice shoes (and a real bra!) Sorry if you didn't want to know that, but I'm still giddy over it, so tough! I took a purse, instead of the baby bag, and didn't have a single baby related item in it. I got to meet lovely new people, eat some amazing food, and got to ooh and ah over how beautiful my friend is. Just 3 weeks away from her due date, she makes pregnancy look good!

It was nice to have some adult time while cooing over new baby things. Even though Tara is just 9 months old, there's just something extra special about buying gifts for a new baby. I can't wait to meet little Evan!













No comments:

Post a Comment