Friday, July 27, 2012

Fast forward 2 months

Today, Tara is 8 weeks old! She had her two month check up today, along with her first round of vaccines. Shots are never easy, but she did as well as can be expected. She now weighs 11 lbs 1 oz and is 22.5 inches long. She's right on track.

Now that I've shared Tara's birth story, I'd better get you acquainted with who our little girl is now. I have a hard time believing it's been nearly two months! I still feel like I was just pregnant yesterday. But the passing of time is very evident in our girl, as you will soon see. She's bigger, much stronger (as evidenced by her love of grabbing my hair), and even smiling. She graced us with her first smile when she was 6 weeks old and gives us more every day. She struggles with digestion and gas issues, so we wear our fair share of spit up, but we're hoping she grows out of that soon as her little body matures. She's a fairly decent night sleeper, so most days I'm not walking around too zombie-like, which is nice!

Contrary to what these pictures will show, we do get a good amount of awake time with her. It's just easier to take pictures when she's sleeping! Lately, due to her gas issues, most of her awake time is spent eating or fussing/crying until she falls back asleep. From time to time we get a calm period where she'll lay on a blanket and happily reach for toys. We look forward to more of those moments!

Because I've included so many photos, I made them a size smaller. But if you click on one, all of them will load up in a larger window that makes them easy to see. Enjoy!

Just home.

5 days

1 week

2 weeks



3 weeks

4 weeks

5 weeks
6 weeks

7 weeks

8 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment